How to Deadlift for Beginners
The deadlift is a total body strengthening move and works the hamstrings, glutes and upper body. As a functional movement it allows movement in the way the human body moves. The deadlift strengthens and sculpts upper and lower back muscles as well as the hamstrings.
Follow these steps for a conventional deadlift and start seeing the benefits of this functional exercise. You can use a barbell, kettlebell, dumbbells or medicine ball.
1.Focus on Form.
2. Keep Your Back and Spine Neutral and engage your core throughout.
3. Movement comes from the Hips.
4. Place Feet Hip Width Apart.
5. Keep Correct Form and Lift Heavy enough that the form remains correct.
6. As You Lift Inhale and keep your back straight with a neutral spine and chest up. Keeping the core engaged, squeeze the glutes. Avoid rounding the spine.
7. The bar should be touching the legs during the lift.
8. Exhale and return to your start position.
Have you tried the deadlift exercise? Connect on Instagram and Share!